1970 GOOSE LAKE INTERNATIONAL MUSIC FESTIVAL TICKETS

I picked up 2 boxes of 1970 Goose Lake International Music Festival Tickets. Green and White. The Goose Lake Festival was held in Jackson, MI August 7th thru 9th. It is estimated that 200,000 people attended the festival. These plastic "tickets" were given out. The tickets were made by Ewing MFG Co out of Las Vegas, NV. Both sides have a goose in a circle surrounded by the words "Goose Lake Music Festival" Check out the list of who performed:
Friday: John Drake's Shakedown, Mighty Quick, SRC, The New York Rock and Roll Ensemble, John Sebastian, Chicago, Small Faces w/Rod Stewert, Ten Years After Saturday: New World Symphony, Brownsville Station, The Litter, Teegarden and Van Winkle, The Flying Burrito Bros, The Stooges, Third Power,Mountain Sunday: Suite Charity, Alice Cooper, Mitch Ryder, Bob Seger System, Frost, The Flock, Savage Grace, James Gang, Jethro Tull.
There is some debate on a few of the acts. Savoy Brown and Joe Cocker were on the promotional posters, but, did not perform. Alice Cooper is said to have performed and not performed. The MC5 was a late add according to some sources, but, I cannot confirm that. Mitch Ryder, New World Symphony, The New York Rock and Roll Ensemble, Small Faces w/Rod Stewart, Teegarden and Van Winkle and Frost were NOT on the promotional poster, but, did perform. These tickets are a great piece of Rock n Roll History. I know that there are a number of these New/Old Stock boxes floating around, I am glad to have acquired a couple.

Comments

Anonymous said…
DO YOU WHAT TO SELL SOME?
ANTIQUEHAVEN said…
I sell these for $5.00 each
Unknown said…
Do you have any other colors?
ANTIQUEHAVEN said…
Green and Cream are the only colors I have
newphotomike said…
Would like to buy a few of these Goose Lake coins from you too. Drop me an email please newphotomike@yahoo.com

Thanks
Anonymous said…
Hi I was wondering if you still have any of those goose Lake fest coins if you do drop me a line at watersnake2004 at yahoo . com
Anonymous said…
I was there and would love to buy a ticket/token. 4r@charter.net if you will sell me one.
Hi, I'm Stacy.I was at Goose Lake.Wish I was there now.Do you know if any original posters exist & how to get one?
Rock-On

Popular posts from this blog

Denkert Signature Model Baseball Gloves - Ultimate Resource

STARKIE'S JOLLY NIGGER BANK - ORIGINAL IDENTIFIED v. OLD REPRODUCTION