SIGNED BASEBALL IDENTIFICATION

I bought this item recently at an antiques shop.  I know very little about Baseball. I'm hoping you will know who the signatures are as I don't have a clue. It is marked 'Official National League - Ford C Frick Pres.' & 'Spalding The Cushioned Cork Center Made in U.S.A.' I have taken numerous photos showing all the signatures. I counted 17 signatures.

You have a Ford Frick major league baseball that was for minor league usage. It is stamped "Western League" and has the Western League's President's stamp on it (Edwin C Johnson). The ball is signed by members of the 1948 Sioux City Soos, a Class A Western League team located in Sioux City, Iowa. 

The signatures are not the best, but, I believe I can make out the following ballplayers:
Manager Joe Becker, Don Schoenborn, Bob Hofman, Dave Honan, Sam Brewer, Ray Carlson, Bill Daues, Bill Pavlik, Gail Henley, Ed Martin, Tookie Gilbert, Mike Columbo, Charles Gooding and Ernie Yelen. A few of these players made it to the Major Leagues. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Denkert Signature Model Baseball Gloves - Ultimate Resource

STARKIE'S JOLLY NIGGER BANK - ORIGINAL IDENTIFIED v. OLD REPRODUCTION