CT's Treasure Haven LLC is owed by Chris Woodman and is a full-time Estate Sale Company and Auction Service. Chris is also an Antique Dealer and former part-owner of Rooster's Antiques in Dearborn Heights (2003-2008).
313-378-3628
CTSTREASUREHAVEN.COM
CTSTREASUREHAVEN@AOL.COM
SHAWNEE POTTERY GNOMES and LOG PLANTER
Get link
Facebook
X
Pinterest
Email
Other Apps
-
Hello!
I have two pieces, one marked and one unmarked, that I am curious about. Can you tell me anything about them?
Denkert Sporting Goods Company made signature model baseball gloves from the 1920's thru the 1960's out of Johnstown and Gloversville, NY. I have compiled a listing of over 590 player-endorsed glove models manufactured by Denkert. Their Pro Master, Pro Maker and Sure Trap models were also made for private brands It would only make sense that being located in New York, Denkert would have a Mickey Mantle endorsement. In fact, 25 different Mantle models have been discovered, including exclusive store models. Denkert did not get a lot of endorsements from other major stars, but, seemed to sign contracts with minor stars such as Pee Wee Reese, Al Rosen, Phil Rizzuto, Bill Skowron (18 known models), Bobby Richardson and Red Schoendienst. Reese was a favorite, having no less than 25 different model numbers over the years. They also got endorsements from more common players than most other glove makers such as Vic Wertz, Danny O'Connell, Del Rice, Jim Landis, Chet La...
If you have a Lamp, Watercolor (Gouache), Bookends or Statue signed Kupur, I can give you it's origin. Artist/Sculptor Frederick Cooper opened a studio in Chicago in 1923 specializing in Watercolors and Statues. At some point thereafter, he began producing lamps made from the sculptures/statues he was creating. This aspect of the business eventually took over most of his operation. In 1945, Cooper retired and sold the business, which kept his namesake. It turns out that as recently as the 1990's, Frederick Cooper Studios still controlled the trademark name "Kupur". All of the water colors, lamps and statues that I have seen signed "Kupur" are similar is signature style and are on works from approximately the 1930's-1950's. Most often a hyphen (-) is at the beginning and end of the signature. It is of my opinion that once Cooper retired, the "Kupur" line and signatures eventually were phased out while the company went on to have some suc...
I Picked up this creamer & Sugar set, I couldn’t find anything much on these. I don’t think they are silver, what can you tell me about the maker Your Creamer/Sugar Set was made by M.W. Carr & Co out of Boston/West Somerville, MASS (1868-1995). Carr was formed by Martin W Carr and was a manufacturer of "Fancy Metal Goods, Jewelry and Novelties". They started in Boston in 1868 and moved operations to West Somerville in 1894. I believe your set to be from the 1920's when Carr made fancy filigree and repousse brass/silver over copper items such as trays and carriers with glass inserts (Pyrex). They had several different lines: Galleon Silver, Empire Ware and Holland Ware which used the mark you have provided. These pieces were marked on the bottom often with a mold number. The W.M. MTS mark means that the applied decoration is White Metal. The MWC Hallmark has proved to be elusive. Some have thought it was Montgomery Ward Co or Montreal Watch Case Co...that is incor...
Comments